Needing your Form I-20 for travel outside the U.S.

When traveling abroad, students must take their I-20 with them. The I-20 is required to reapply for a visa (if needed) and for reentering the United States. Before departure from the United States, students should verify that they have a valid travel endorsement on page 2 of their I-20 from an adviser at the Kearney International Center, Minnesota State Mankato Office. This signature is valid for one year for multiple visits outside the United States. In most cases, a travel endorsement can be done quickly and easily at the Kearney Center, however students should plan and get their travel endorsement several weeks before departing the United States to avoid the holiday rush.

Print Article


Article ID: 838
Tue 6/6/23 11:54 AM
Tue 6/6/23 11:54 AM