Traveling outside the United States while waiting for my EAD

There are no additional travel requirements before you graduate, so you may travel outside the U.S.


You may not travel outside the U.S. after you graduate. In order to reenter the United States you must have the following:

  • EAD authorizing OPT
  • Valid passport
  • A current F-1 visa stamp
  • I-20 updated with employment information and a travel signature signed within the last six months
  • A job offer letter or proof of employment that includes salary information. If the position is unpaid, carry alternative proof of funding such as bank information. 


Article ID: 885
Wed 6/14/23 10:34 AM
Wed 6/14/23 10:34 AM