Changing my immigration status while in the U.S.

You enter the United States in nonimmigrant status for a specific purpose like work, travel, or study.  You may later change your purpose of being in the United States and may need to obtain a new status.  Different visa/status categories allow for different activities.  It is best that you consult your immigration advisor as you evaluate your options keeping in mind Kearney Center advisors are not immigration attorneys.  Should your situation become complicated or challenging, it is always best to seek advice from an immigration attorney. 


Article ID: 903
Tue 6/20/23 11:48 AM
Tue 6/20/23 11:48 AM