Documenting international student hiring vs. an American applicant

American employers are not required to document that a citizen of another country did not take a job from a qualified American if that person is working under an F-1 visa.  Even if sponsoring a student for an H-1 visa, the employer only has to certify that the conditions of employment of a foreign national are the same as those of an American employee (employers should seek the advice of a qualified immigration attorney when considering sponsoring a student for an H-1 visa.)  It is only when sponsoring a foreign national for a permanent position and a green card that the employer document must show they did not turn down a qualified American applicant. 

Print Article


Article ID: 922
Tue 6/20/23 12:15 PM
Tue 6/20/23 12:15 PM