Work authorization for international students prior to hiring

International students must have work authorization before they begin actual employment, but not before they are offered employment.  In fact, a student must have been offered a job in order to receive CPT authorization.  For employment during OPT, the student may or may not already have their employment authorization, but regardless, should be able to provide the employer a reasonable date as to when they are able to begin work. 

Print Article


Article ID: 924
Tue 6/20/23 12:16 PM
Tue 6/20/23 12:16 PM